Fake web sites titled “batworldsanctuary.com” and “batworldsanctuary.org” have been created by Bat World’s cyber-stalker, Mary Cummins, a woman who has been stalking Bat World’s founder and president, Amanda Lollar, for the past three years.
In June of 2010, Bat World Sanctuary unknowingly accepted this mentally troubled Los Angeles woman into an internship program held in Texas. Cummins found the internship too challenging to complete and left the internship early, finishing less than six days of a two-week internship. Before leaving, Cummins alleged that she had “bumped her head” and Bat World owed her $2,500 for a cat scan. Bat World refused.
Within days, outrageous lies about Amanda Lollar and Bat World Sanctuary began appearing on the internet, posted by Mary Cummins. These lies included animal cruelty, animal neglect, fraud, extortion, filth, endangering human health, practicing medicine without a license, plagiarism, illegal drug use, forgery, libel, theft, illegally being on welfare and more. Cummins made numerous false complaints to the USDA, Texas Parks and Wildlife, the DA, the IRS, the Texas Attorney General’s Office, the Texas Veterinary Board, the City of Mineral Wells, the Texas State Dept of Health, the DEA, the CDC and animal rights groups around the world including PETA, HSUS, ASPCA, ASA, GFAS, IFAW and others. Lollar and Bat World Sanctuary welcomed investigations, and all of Cummins’ complaints were found to be baseless. Click here to view the results of those investigations.
With the help of renowned animal rights attorney, Randy Turner, who represented Amanda Lollar and Bat World Sanctuary free of charge, a lawsuit was brought against Cummins.
In June of 2012, the court stated that Amanda Lollar is to bats what Jane Goodall is to primates, and awarded a judgement of 6.1 Million in damages to Amanda Lollar for Cummins “egregious as well as malicious as well as intentional” defamation.
After the judgement, it was discovered that Cummins is considered a career litigant. Click here to see a list of the 30 lawsuits that Mary Cummins’ has been involved with in her 47 years.
Since the judgement, Cummins reign of terror against Amanda Lollar has increased, and Mary Cummins has been charged with contempt of court for the third time. Cummins’ defamation has also intensified. The fake “batworldsanctuary” websites that were purchased by Cummins are part of her continual defamation. We are taking steps to have the sites removed, however, it is a lengthy process.
The following bullet-point list provides a history of Cummins’ attacks and retaliatory actions against Amanda Lollar and Bat World Sanctuary. Links to court documents and web pages are provided when available:
- Mary Cummins begins stalking and posting defamation about Amanda Lollar
- Cummins uses “Google bombs” to spread her malicious web pages
- Cummins is sued for defamation by Bat World Sanctuary
- Cummins hires an attorney, who withdrew after stating her claims are false
- Cummins begins defaming and stalking BWS attorney, Randy Turner
- Cummins begins defaming the judges involved in the case
- Cummins stalks Amanda Lollar’s father, who was in nursing care
- In retaliation, Cummins sued Amanda Lollar in federal court, and lost
- Cummins sues Bat World’s expert witness at trial
- Cummins appeals her Federal case, and loses
- Cummins requests a reconsideration and is denied
- Cummins files a personal injury lawsuit against Amanda Lollar
- Cummins sues Bat World’s Board of Directors
- Cummins files false police reports against Amanda Lollar
- Cummins then uses the reports to obtain a TRO (temporary restraining order) against Lollar
- Cummins lies are discovered in court and her TRO is denied. Cummins is ordered to pay sanctions in the amount of $6,350
- Cummins posts death threats and a Terrorist Threat police report is filed against her
We receive numerous questions about what more can be done to stop Mary Cummins from her continual harassment of Bat World Sanctuary. Unfortunately, cyber-stalking, bullying and online harassment is new territory and laws have not yet been created to stop malcontent’s like Mary Cummins. Defamation is a civil issue, not a criminal issue, so
law enforcement is unable to help (when death threats are posted, however, action can be taken).
People like Mary Cummins have to be sued in court, which we have done. Until internet laws are strengthened, cyber-stalkers and bullies like Mary Cummins are free to destroy innocent people over and over again. Our only recourse is to warn other people by posting pages like this one.
For more information about our case and other like this please join us on Facebook at Stand up to Cyber-Stalkers.